WHAT WE DO
Prairie Skies Integration Network is run by a secretariat, the backbone of the Network. The secretariat staff facilitate and administer the processes that support the Network in reaching its objectives.
Prairie Skies exists primarily to accomplish our mission through the following objectives:
- Providing leadership to the community and regional players in the efforts to welcome and integrate with immigrants.
- Facilitating community leadership, engagement, and ownership in the area of settlement and integration
- Developing and facilitating an intersectoral Partnership Council at the community level
- Fostering and facilitating effective coordination and collaboration among committed and influential partners representing relevant stakeholders, to support the development and implementation of sustainable solutions for successful community/newcomer integration
- Involving and integrating all sectors of the community and the economy
- Facilitating a community planning process, including identifying community-specific strategic priorities, building, and implementing action plans, and evaluating the outcomes of our work
- Enhancing the community’s organizational and general capacities to facilitate the settlement and integration of newcomers in the region/ communities
- Supporting the community, service providing organizations, and settlement service providing organizations in their efforts to address the specialized needs of newcomers and to provide newcomers with the skills and resources needed for adaptation, as they acclimatize to their new surroundings
Guiding Values & Ethics